Antique smoked quartz carved French Bulldog's head hatpin, kyratised.

In Fine Jewelry > Show & Tell and Fine Jewelry > Hatpins > Show & Tell.
Fine Jewelry107 of 8453My Horse/Equestrian collection.Dog (Bulldog w/ attitude) stick pin

Daisy1000Daisy1000 loves this.
kiwipaulkiwipaul loves this.
Agram.mAgram.m loves this.
KirakKirak loves this.
NewfldNewfld loves this.

Posted 4 months ago

kyratango

Collecting hatpins, and loving to "kyratise" aka repairing broken pieces, I bought this little guy, whose pin was broken in the mount...
    Unmarked silver mount, sapphire eyes and split pearls collar.
    Showing here how I managed to make him a whole hat pin again! :-D

logo
    Fine Jewelry
    325 VINTAGE GLASS RHINESTONES & SOLID STONE LOT REPAIR JEWELRY LOOSE ASSORTMENT
    325 VINTAGE GLASS RHINESTONES & SOL...
    $9
    ESTATE VINTAGE TO NOW COSTUME JEWELRY LOT 20 Pc NO JUNK NECKLACE BROOCH EAR
    ESTATE VINTAGE TO NOW COSTUME JEWEL...
    $40
    Jewelry Vintage-Modern Huge  Lot Craft, Junk, Wearable,  Over One Full Pound
    Jewelry Vintage-Modern Huge Lot Cr...
    $25
    SWAROVSKI MIXED SHAPES SINGLE RHINESTONES IN SETTINGS 50 CRYSTAL LOT VTG JEWELRY
    SWAROVSKI MIXED SHAPES SINGLE RHINE...
    $8
    logo
    325 VINTAGE GLASS RHINESTONES & SOLID STONE LOT REPAIR JEWELRY LOOSE ASSORTMENT
    325 VINTAGE GLASS RHINESTONES & SOL...
    $9

Comments

1. Newfld Newfld, 4 months ago
      Beautiful bulldog pin, I love his pearl collar! Once again Pascale, your 'kyratisation' is absolutely fantastic, kudos on the super repair
    2. Kirak Kirak, 4 months ago
      Oh my Kyra! What a beauty! It does indeed look similar! Thanks for the lovely posts and encouragement! So fun to be able to share! I have so many more to post from my dogs, horse/equestrian and my Momento Mori (my Halloween collection!) As well as some other wonders I’ve found in my travels! It may take me a bit, but I’ll get them uploaded. I’d love yours and any others thoughts on any history, type, etc that I may not yet know! So glad I finally found a community! Big hugs to all you pin lovers out there! Seems I’m in very good company!
    3. Kirak Kirak, 4 months ago
      Whoops sorry for the double post… I’m a newbie! Blush!
    4. kyratango kyratango, 4 months ago
      No problem, Kira, I deleted the doubles, lol!
    5. kyratango kyratango, 4 months ago
      I'm too on http://www.antiquers.com, where there is a warm community too, and where you can message other members or tag them to get help (features sadly lacking here...).
    6. PhilDMorris PhilDMorris, 4 months ago
      This is wonderful dear Pascale, they were also very popular in about 1905 and during the early 20th Century. A simply fantastic piece I remember collecting whatever I could collect during the late 70's and I would have gone ga ga over this treasure. You did a very fine job on the Kyratization !~ Love to you.
    7. kyratango kyratango, 4 months ago
      Thank you Jenni for your lovely visit and kind comment for the chubby doggy! :-)

Phil, thank youuu! Yes, Frenchies were very fashionable in that era, as Pekinese, but I prefer them as they are little clowns!
      Love back to you, friend, XO
    8. vintagelamp vintagelamp, 4 months ago
      Love! Love! Love! I want a real one also!!!!
    9. vetraio50 vetraio50, 4 months ago
      Très bien kyratisée !!!
    10. racer4four racer4four, 4 months ago
      Lovely to see you Pascale and showing is a wonderful piece renewed by Kyratisation’!
    11. Ms.CrystalShip Ms.CrystalShip, 4 months ago
      Once again. You have delighted us in your amazing ability to repair/renew an antique piece!
      He is adorable, as I love pugs and they look (kinda) alike.
    12. valentino97 valentino97, 4 months ago
      Wonderful dear Kyra! He's so special and I am glad you gave him a new life.
    13. antiquerose antiquerose, 4 months ago
      Wow -- Your the BEST !!!!!!
    14. kyratango kyratango, 4 months ago
      Ohohoh!
      Thank you for all your kind comments, Vintagelamp, Vetraio, Karen, MsCrystalShip, dear Valentino and Antiquerose!
      It is so heartwarming to receive such enthusiastic support on my kyratisations, love back to you all :-D
    15. Daisy1000 Daisy1000, 4 months ago
      Love this. I showed it to my Frenchie Sherman, and he repeatedly barked at it (thinking it was another dog)? Now that’s authenticity!
    16. kyratango kyratango, 3 months ago
      Daisy, LOL! Thank you, and give a kiss to your Sherman for me :-))