Art Deco Frosted Satin Nude Lamps

In Lamps > Art Deco Lamps > Show & Tell and Lamps > Table Lamps > Show & Tell.
Art Deco Lamps281 of 282Machine Age/Art Deco Lamp c.1935 by Markel Flash Gordon Rocket Ship Lamp

antiqueroseantiquerose loves this.
Uranium222Uranium222 loves this.
badrabbitgirlbadrabbitgirl likes this.
MsDowAntiquesMsDowAntiques loves this.
Savoychina1Savoychina1 loves this.
potreropotrero likes this.

RoyalWaldorf

There is no other Period more satisfying to me than Art Deco, it moves me so, like a good song or a great woman!!! These two ladies are among my most prized possessions and I am pleased to be able to share them with other enthusiasts through Collector's Weekly...best site on the web!

I found this pair on eBay, just the frosted nude satin bases. Then added the copper-nickel stems, speed rings and the custom made steel nickel plated shades. They always touch my heart when I look at them and nearly take my breath away every evening when I turn the switch to "on." They have a three way switch which allows them to light up three different ways...top and bottom lights both on, top only or bottom only. It took me ten hours to put these together, a labor of love. Objects of art as your friends for life???

Comments

1. Savoychina1 Savoychina1, 4 years ago
    Dude, you're a beast! (In my son's venacular that's the best.) I envy those of you that have mad skills. Very, very impressive. Thanks for sharing.
  2. lisa d, 4 years ago
    wow. i'm so jealous. these are amazing. if you don't want them, i'll take them. (kidding). truly---excellent idea and execution. thank you for sharing with us.
  3. RoyalWaldorf RoyalWaldorf, 4 years ago
    lisa d, many thanks for the kind words. Isn't it wonderful to have a vehicle like Collector's Weekly so we can share our enthusiasm and passions??? IMO...CW is among the best sites on the web. Glad I was able to touch your heart with these ladies! Thanks, RW
  4. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 3 years ago
    Oh, I feel it coming on !! I get sick literally and my stomach seems to fall to the ground when my jealousy meter runs this high. I used to have a wonderful bar/stereo/fireplace this reminds me of... and i just know you could contact E.T. with these babes.
  5. Madgett, 3 years ago
    Oh!! I have one of those frosted glass nudes!!!! I love what you've done with her. I never really knew what to do other than display her as a statue!
    Awesome :D
  6. rocker-sd rocker-sd, 3 years ago
    Love the lamps and a great job on the shades. What can you tell us about the cobalt mirror behind them? That is a wonderfull piece also.
  7. Stillwater Stillwater, 5 months ago
    Holy cr@p..... That's the coolest thing I've seen on here in a long time
  8. Vintagefran Vintagefran, 5 months ago
    OMG Royalwaldorf. A pair of The Nicest Art Deco lamps i think I've ever seen
  9. Vintagefran Vintagefran, 5 months ago
    Beautifully displayed as well RW
  10. RoyalWaldorf RoyalWaldorf, 5 months ago
    Thanks Stillwater and Vintagefran...you both have an exceptionally "good eye" for design. And you're so right, there is nothing else in the Whole Wide World like these two ladies...if some one tells you different, then they are lying?!!! I went to every lamps store in Chicago to get help in re-wiring them, finding a stem and shades and nobody knew what to do with them. So, I learned myself. I am blessed with the gift of bringing lamps back to near their original elegance...though in this case I believe I exceeded even the Designer Gods expectations.

I am pleased to no end that you value them as I do.

Many thanks for the kudos, and all the best in 2014!!!!