Iwatsu neodymium glass

In Art Glass > Show & Tell.
Art Glass7169 of 20455Vari-coloured long-necked footed engraved glass vase - ?KralikWhat is it?

Ms.CrystalShipMs.CrystalShip loves this.
AdeleCAdeleC loves this.
CaperkidCaperkid loves this.
NiceficeNicefice loves this.
sklo42sklo42 loves this.
NevadaBladesNevadaBlades loves this.

racer4four

Iwatsu Glass used neodymium glass occasionally in the 60s and the larger vase here and bowl are relatively new additions to my collection.

It is difficult to convey the size of the large vase. I have placed Chouko, my Lego butterfly girl in shot as an idea of scale. The vase measures 38cm (15in) and weighs a tad over 6kg. Despite it's size it is beautifully made as can be seen in photo 3.

The bowl is a typical Iwatsu shape and shows their ribbed base and hot worked fluted rim. This is the first time I have seen this shape in neo however. It is 20cm diameter.

The smaller (at only 24cm!) vase in photo 4 has been here on CW before.

As I have said previously this neodymium glass appears to have been made mainly for domestic sale and I have not seen any as export glass.
    That is not to say it was not exported however.

I'm hoping OneGoodFind sees these neo pieces - just to excite her own search further!

logo
    Art Glass
    Ca1910 Antique ART NOUVEAU Secessionist ART GLASS Old BRONZE ORMOLU Flower VASE
    Ca1910 Antique ART NOUVEAU Secessio...
    $204
    Large Authentic Oggetti Murano Glass Fishbowl Aquarium Elio Raffaeli Sculpture
    Large Authentic Oggetti Murano Glas...
    $153
    art glass vase possible loetz or phoenix studios
    art glass vase possible loetz or ph...
    $45
    Daum Nancy Cameo Glass & Enamel Purple Orchid Vase with Spiderwebs Signed
    Daum Nancy Cameo Glass & Enamel Pur...
    $86
    logo
    Ca1910 Antique ART NOUVEAU Secessionist ART GLASS Old BRONZE ORMOLU Flower VASE
    Ca1910 Antique ART NOUVEAU Secessio...
    $204

Comments

1. sklo42 sklo42, 4 years ago
      Pure beauty, Karen. I love the optical effects, the diversity of form, not to mention the exquisite colour!
    2. Caperkid, 4 years ago
      Great color!
    3. nutsabotas6 nutsabotas6, 4 years ago
      Love this big bold ribs and the softness of the color. Very beautiful!!
    4. Efesgirl Efesgirl, 4 years ago
      These are gorgeous, Karen!
    5. racer4four racer4four, 4 years ago
      It helps if purple is a favourite colour too Peggy!
      Thanks - a bit of a later Czech look to the vases, particularly the draped one don't you think?
    6. shareurpassion shareurpassion, 4 years ago
      Sooo beautiful! I love your idea of scale, she's a cutie ;)

All three pieces are gorgeous!
    7. racer4four racer4four, 4 years ago
      Thanks Sue! Great to hear from you!
    8. katherinescollections katherinescollections, 4 years ago
      Exquisite glass and color, Karen, no wonder they call this Alexandrite on the pieces I've seen. It is just that special! :)
    9. SEAN68 SEAN68, 4 years ago
      lovely and the color is stunning!!
    10. glassiegirl glassiegirl, 4 years ago
      Beautiful colour!!
    11. OneGoodFind OneGoodFind, 4 years ago
      Awe Karen, thanks for thinking of me but ;( . Just ;<(. My heart is melting in a happy/sad way. I'm thrown off my game of looking for blue but I never see any of this beautiful color. I've been quite the hunter asking everyone to open their um..bathrooms to get a look at things with a regular bulb. :) But I got my loupe today. Had a sickening headache for about an hour. How long does it take neo to change colors?
      Thanks again and these are awesome. :)
    12. Deano Deano, 4 years ago
      Very beautiful.
    13. racer4four racer4four, 4 years ago
      Thanks Katherine.
      I haven't shown the colour change in this post but it is quite lovely.
    14. racer4four racer4four, 4 years ago
      Thanks Sean and Glassiegirl - it's a lovely lilac or a beautiful blue!
    15. racer4four racer4four, 4 years ago
      OGF - don't go giving yourself headaches! No beauty is worth that.

Neo changes immediately with the light change.
      The change happens from daylight to fluorescent light. My previous post shows the colour change:

16. racer4four racer4four, 4 years ago
      Thanks Dean - happy to please!
    17. OneGoodFind OneGoodFind, 4 years ago
      Ha, now I have been taking the glass out of the window and into another room. I feel quite certain they all think I am nuts. :):):)
    18. racer4four racer4four, 4 years ago
      It's neat stuff and purple is my favourite colour so I'm always happy with neo.
      Seems to tick both boxes for you being purple and blue!
      You might see it called Alexandrite glass sometimes.