Posted 5 years ago
I really need your help with this cameo. My husband bought it for me in antique store. There was no information with the piece. Here is what I think (I could be completely wrong):
1. The cameo is very large; it’s 2.75 inches.
2. Based on the back, I believe it could be a vintage item, possibly dating as early as the 1930’s.
3. I saw two similar ones on line, stating that the material is gutta percha, however, most of the images of jewelry made of this material seems to be brown or black. It might be some kind of plastic.
4. The back stamp “ Parfum La’Gutierre, Paris 1832” seems to be misleading, fake, or made for an anniversary.
5. I think the item could be a promotional or advertising piece.
6. It could also be a total fake, although the frame, marked 925, is real silver.
Please help me out with this item. I like it no matter what.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks for looking:)