Art Deco Multicolour ZIPPERED COBALT BLUE YELLOW CZECH ART GLASS VASE, Circa 1920-30

In Art Glass > Bohemian Art Glass > Show & Tell and Art Deco > Show & Tell.
Bohemian Art Glass145 of 5124Loetz - Tango lidded with metal applicationMade in Czechoslovokia glass

VintagefranVintagefran loves this.
mikelv85mikelv85 loves this.
racer4fourracer4four loves this.
sklo42sklo42 loves this.
IronLaceIronLace loves this.

Posted 3 months ago

Alan2310

Here is my last addition to my Czech/Bohemian collection, even I am not to sure about the attribution, my intuition go to Welz, I gone need some help to confirm.
This marvellous piece of Art deco period is composed of 3 layer of glass, clearly define around the rim.
Cobalt Blue ground, multicolour zippered design compose the middle layer, finished with a clear coat highly reflective.
The shape is beautiful, very heavy for the size.

This vase stand 6 inch tall, 6.25 inch at the widest portion

Comments

1. rob3rt, 3 months ago
    hi this looks alot like murano art glass
  2. racer4four racer4four, 3 months ago
    Funky glass Alan! A smile piece.
  3. Alan2310 Alan2310, 3 months ago
    @rob3rt, I will be more than surprise that this was Murano art glass, but hey appreciated your insight on this post.
  4. Alan2310 Alan2310, 3 months ago
    @racer4four, yes indeed, very juicy and smiling vase for sure.
    Many thanks for your comment and appreciation on this post.
  5. welzebub welzebub, 3 months ago
    I love this decor..... Nice find!! These are not Welz production. I have studied them for quite a while and have never been able to attribute them with any degree of certainty. There is a page of them on my website as an unknown house. I refer to the decor as Zippered Flame. I do not have an image of this shape. Is it OK if I copy your pictures and use them?

Here are some others.
  6. Alan2310 Alan2310, 3 months ago
    Hi
    Graig
    Good morning.
    Sure, I am more than happy to do some contribution to your web site.
    Is the black background is ok for you, I can retake it with White if you like better.
    I see on the page they all white background.
    Many thanks for commenting always appreciated your inputs.
  7. welzebub welzebub, 3 months ago
    Hi Alan. No worries on the background. The pics are great. Thanks for letting me use them.
  8. Alan2310 Alan2310, 3 months ago
    Not a problem, Like you, always happy to help in certain way.
    Thanks for the compliment, I am getting there, I guess.
    Take care.
  9. kivatinitz kivatinitz, 3 months ago
    wow very nice colors
  10. Alan2310 Alan2310, 3 months ago
    @kivatinitz, yes very exquisite colour, if you have time look at the link Graig provided, many others shape are found.

Many thanks for your comment and appreciation.
  11. kralik1928 kralik1928, 3 months ago
    Nice piece. This is the most popular base color of this series, includes every shade you can imagine... Its Czech 1030's but no maker can be attributed... used to call them "Marbled" or "Zig-zag marbled" but now I agree with Craig "zipper" or zipper flame is good. I will add that there are many types of zipper patterns from many different companies. I love the vivid colors on yours
  12. Alan2310 Alan2310, 3 months ago
    THANK YOU, Jerico for commenting, me too, I really enjoy the brightness of this piece, very interesting shape too.
    Much appreciated to hear from you.
  13. Alan2310 Alan2310, 3 months ago
    jimtimj
    philmac
    Ivonne
    mikelv85
    racer4four
    sklo42
    IronLace, for the appreciation of this post.