Two Beranek vases

In Art Glass > Bohemian Art Glass > Show & Tell.
Bohemian Art Glass77 of 5102Pallme Konig art glass vase ca. 1900-05Franz Welz Fan Vase, Circa 1930

philmac51philmac51 loves this.
IronLaceIronLace loves this.
AnikAnik loves this.
TimeTravellerTimeTraveller loves this.
racer4fourracer4four loves this.

Posted 2 months ago

Ivonne

I've been having these vases for some time now and I have a certain affection with them.They always bring to my mind the first spring flowers,which bloom when the snow is around.
The vases were produced when the post war damage made impossible normal life ,much less glass vases production.And yet E.Beranek's strength of talent and his imagination overcame all those difficulties and created something what is still desirable by glass collectors.

Comments

1. racer4four racer4four, 2 months ago
    WOW! Amazing pieces Ivonne!
    I can see the ice/earth/growth imagery so well. The scrolls on the side of the larger one are masterful.
  2. Ivonne Ivonne, 2 months ago
    Thanks Traveller for the love .
    Thanks Karen for both,love and comment.I'm happy you can get a feel of snowy areas.It's not so easy,I guess,if you live in a warmer place:)
  3. Anik Anik, 2 months ago
    Lovely pieces, Ivonne... I especially like the little one with the four 'petals'.
  4. Ivonne Ivonne, 2 months ago
    Thanks,Anik,for your input.The petals seem to spill out from the foamy glass.
  5. sklo42 sklo42, 2 months ago
    Gorgeous glass, Ivonne, and wonderful to have two such lovely examples!
  6. Ivonne Ivonne, 2 months ago
    Thank you,Peggy.It's strange but produced just across the border,they're rare here though.
  7. welzebub welzebub, 2 months ago
    Great pieces. I love early Beranek production, and have several pieces.
    Some of these can be tough to identify 100% because the line art drawings are pretty crude, and several designs have similar drawings. That being said, the tall piece appears to be 4674, which would be the 74th design in 1946. It should stand about 16 cm tall. The short example looks like it could possibly be shape 4679 from 1946 also. If it is, it should stand approx 8 cm tall. There are also a couple of 1945 designs that are similar to the small example, but the folded over pieces at the rim of the earlier pieces appear a little shorter than these do.
  8. Ivonne Ivonne, 2 months ago
    Thanks welzebub for so detailed information.My vases are 7,5 cm and 15 cm tall.Is this a significant difference to attribute them or not to the designes you have mentioned?
  9. welzebub welzebub, 2 months ago
    You are certainly welcome..... Based on differences in pieces I own, I would not consider those dimension differences to be significant.
  10. Ivonne Ivonne, 1 month ago
    Thank everyone for the loves and all comments :)
  11. Rick55 Rick55, 1 month ago
    Lovey, lovely vase Ivonne! It has all the elements that I love in a piece... great texture, contrasting colors, (which work so well together) and the applied riggaree ending in those attractive scroll handles.
  12. Ivonne Ivonne, 1 month ago
    Hi,Rick.Thanks for your, as always,positive comment.It's always appreciated :)