Les Bernard fish brooch

In Costume Jewelry > Costume Brooches > Show & Tell.
Costume Brooches186 of 2422Antique Flower Basket Brooch PinPretty brooch

MALKEYMALKEY loves this.
Hoot60Hoot60 loves this.
TreasureHunter-1TreasureHunter-1 loves this.
PhilDMorrisPhilDMorris loves this.

Posted 12 months ago

Newfld

This 2 1-2"W fish brooch has a multi color "paint splash" enamel body, rhinestone face & large green cab eye on goldtone. From the 1960s by Les Bernard Inc

logo
    Costume Brooches
    I Am Edgar Berebi My  In A Row Angel Luck Liu Vintage Brooch PinMade 2001 New
    I Am Edgar Berebi My In A Row Ange...
    $34
    Green Crystal Shamrock 4Leaf Clover Vintage Gold Pin Brooch D-1386
    Green Crystal Shamrock 4Leaf Clover...
    $15
    Brooch Women  Antique Vintage Crystal Pin Jewelry Accesso Feather Rhinestone
    Brooch Women Antique Vintage Cryst...
    $3
    Orange Fox with Bejeweled Tail Vintage Gold  Pin Brooch D-1374
    Orange Fox with Bejeweled Tail Vint...
    $13
    logo
    I Am Edgar Berebi My  In A Row Angel Luck Liu Vintage Brooch PinMade 2001 New
    I Am Edgar Berebi My In A Row Ange...
    $34

Comments

1. PhilDMorris PhilDMorris, 12 months ago
      Love that paint wash, love the colours !~
    2. LaurenRedmond LaurenRedmond, 12 months ago
      Again, this is my favourite upload of yours this week(how come all your fish brooches are so pretty?!!!)-the colours are so vivid yet muted, he makes the perfect little cartoon fish too(which I think is adorable!) He reminds me of Flounder from the Little Mermaid actually?! :P
    3. racer4four racer4four, 12 months ago
      I have never heard of this brooch maker, but they did good!
    4. Newfld Newfld, 12 months ago
      Many thanks to all for the love
      Phil
      fort
      jbingham
      Ken
      Karen
      Kevin
      Mary

Thanks Phil for the super compliments, I was so glad to find this fish with the paint strokes on its body, very artistic - the piece can also be found with a plain goldtone body but I love this one & am glad you did too

Lauren it makes me so happy to see this was one of your faves of mine this week, thank you so much for the wonderful praise for my fish brooches, I try to find pretty and hopefully different ones. Yes he certainly does resemble Flounder from the Little Mermaid, those pouty lips!

Thanks Karen for the great compliments, the Les Bernard co started in the 1960s and they did alot of nice animal brooches like this one but you have to look carefully for the ones in good shape esp his silver pieces that didn't age well. His co (well actually it was two men, Les and Bernard) did make very creative original pieces and I'm always on the lookout, there are too many copycat designers even the vintage famous makers borrowed from each other
    5. Newfld Newfld, 12 months ago
      Thank you so very much for the love Thomas I am always very grateful to you my friend
    6. Newfld Newfld, 12 months ago
      Daisy thank you so much for the thoughtful love I'm so glad you liked this Les Bernard fish
    7. Newfld Newfld, 12 months ago
      Thanks dlpetersen and foseatme for the very kind love & support

Foseatme thank you for the lovely compliment it is truly nice of you, I'm so glad you liked this fish!
    8. Mrstyndall Mrstyndall, 12 months ago
      Really cute fish, love it’s big green eye
    9. Newfld Newfld, 12 months ago
      Many thanks poticheman & MrsT for the love it is most gratefully appreciated

MrsT thank you for the fabulous compliment, I love that big green cab eye myself :)
    10. Newfld Newfld, 12 months ago
      Thank you glassiegirl for the love it's most gratefully appreciated
    11. wickencrafts wickencrafts, 5 months ago
      B The FISH
    12. Newfld Newfld, 5 months ago
      Really appreciate the love for this Les Bernard fish six-0-one, you are so kind to me and I am truly grateful for the support, thank you ever so much my friend

Lol wickencrafts, we should all be more like fish, swimming their lives away serenely with no worries! Thank you for the fun and upbeat comment I could use a smile :)