Ceylon blue moonstones and rubies vintage brooch, gilded metal (?).

In Fine Jewelry > Moonstone Jewelry > Show & Tell and Fine Jewelry > Brooches > Show & Tell.
Moonstone Jewelry15 of 91Interwar period Moonstone Jewellery SetMy moonstones, I have never seen any others like them

NewfldNewfld loves this.
Peasejean55Peasejean55 loves this.
MrstyndallMrstyndall loves this.
Hel1Hel1 loves this.
KarenokeKarenoke loves this.
    NULL

kyratango

A successful guess find in a "junk" broken costume jewelley lot for 27$, shipping was more... :-D

Pic 4 is the auction one... the moonstones hue was amazing, I suspected rubies too and the mount has a strong "India" feeling...

Upon arrival of the big lot, I run into it to find my brooch.

Bingo!

The red stones are natural rubies (imputities in them) and glow furiously under UV torch!

Moontones are enhanced by the under setting beeing painted black, they are old, back of cab is convex.

As you see, one was lacking... I removed the other symmetrical. My "in case of" box provided 2 rubies to replace them and made the aspect looking coherent.

Et voilà!

A chunky piece:
7.2cm (2.7/8") long
5.2cm (2.1/16) wide

I don't know what metal it is, the prongs are rather soft, and there is no tarnish... Vermeil???
:-)

Comments

1. Peasejean55 Peasejean55, 2 years ago
    Wow, what a haul of wonderful jewellery, them cut steel Georgian buckles are lovely. I agree with your verdict on your brooch definitely as a Indian look to it. Them Moonstones have a beautiful hue to them, lucky you, well done.
  2. Efesgirl Efesgirl, 2 years ago
    Boy that was cheap for what you got - !!! Beautiful.
  3. kyratango kyratango, 2 years ago
    Jean, I usually fail to get these lots, going to high for the use I may have of some spares...
    This is my first one :-)
    I was betting on the moonstones... and won!
    Thank you for your lovely visit!

Bonnie! Halas, shipping was 31... but this piece only is worth the buy, and now I have many spare rhinestones and projects :-D Thank you for your comment and love !

Thomas, Karenoke, Hel, Lisa and Mrstyndall, many thanks for your early loves :-D
  4. katherinescollections katherinescollections, 2 years ago
    Woweee, Pascale, what a great brooch, you have that super eye to spot that beauty in all that lot!!! :)
  5. Manikin Manikin, 2 years ago
    wow what a great eye and a beautiful find ! You can always find that diamond in the tons of jewelry posted . xo
  6. PhilDMorris PhilDMorris, 2 years ago
    Gorgeous find Kyra, you go girl !! Love that butterfly also on the right top, power to you !!~
  7. nutsabotas6 nutsabotas6, 2 years ago
    Unbelievable ! Such great find !! Way to go Pascale ! :)
  8. JImam JImam, 2 years ago
    good eye...great buy
  9. TassieDevil TassieDevil, 2 years ago
    What a clever girl you are Pascale!! Well done for spotting a fabulous brooch for you, and a few really nice pieces in the group as well!!!
    I have only had a couple of goes at trying to buy a lot that had one piece that I really wanted.......they always seem to go for way too much money......I still look though lol:-)
  10. bijoucaillouvintage bijoucaillouvintage, 2 years ago
    What a catch, Pascale! Une pêche miraculeuse. So many goodies to look at! I think I'm coveting those circular earrings quite a bit :-))
  11. kyratango kyratango, 2 years ago
    Bijou, si je peut les envoyer en France, ce serait avec plaisir :-)
  12. bijoucaillouvintage bijoucaillouvintage, 2 years ago
    C'est trop gentil Pascale! Un jour quand j'aurai un peu plus de joli(s) stock(s) on pourra faire un échange! Pour l'instant j'ai un maigre butin comparé à tes merveilles! :-)
  13. Roycroftbooksfromme1, 2 years ago
    Hey ,..what a sweet find....their you are jumping in the middle of shall we dear say stuff and you cone out smelling like a Rose... '-)) and ya you should see the side shows we have going on in our county as far as politics go ..lol ...Later Kyra ..stay well..
  14. vintagelamp vintagelamp, 2 years ago
    Beautiful!
  15. antiquerose antiquerose, 2 years ago
    Sweet -- Love them and the bagful !!
  16. paris1925 paris1925, 2 years ago
    Jolie trouvaille content pour toi????...j'ai la poisse perso car des que je trouve une piece incroyable elle disparait d'ebay dans l 'heure????..
    Wish you to find more beauties????
  17. kyratango kyratango, 2 years ago
    Kath! Mani! Phil! Ken! JImam! Judy! My good eye thank you a lot for your compliment ;-)) Lots of pieces for my "in case of"...

Haha, Gary, politics smell anything but roses! Stay well too in your wonderful place, my friend :-))

Vintagelamp, thank you!!!

Rose, thanks! I'm very happy with the whole lot :-)

Huge collective thanks to all of you, 29 lovers and CW friends :-D
  18. kyratango kyratango, 2 years ago
    David! Merci!
    It seems a lot of Ebay sellers close auctions earlier saying there is an error in the listing... grrr! It happened several times to me too :-(
  19. kyratango kyratango, 1 year ago
    Warm thanks and love back to all of you, 35 lovers!
    :-D