Kosta Boda for WWF glass birds, Part II

In Animals > Show & Tell and Art Glass > Scandinavian Art Glass > Show & Tell.
Animals575 of 6278Panetta dolphin brooch Well Dressed Gentlemen Rabbits

jbingham95jbingham95 loves this.
jscott0363jscott0363 loves this.
IvonneIvonne loves this.
TimeTravellerTimeTraveller loves this.

Posted 1 year ago

Newfld

Here are two more 3" Paul Hoff designed glass birds for the WWF put out by Kosta Boda, the blue is a Eurasian titmouse and the yellow a wren, from the 1986 series

logo
    Animals
    19th Century English Jack Russell Terrier Dog Portrait Signed Antique Painting
    19th Century English Jack Russell T...
    $205
    Small Early Antique Hallmarked Dutch Hand Chased Horse Hay Wagon Tea Caddy Box
    Small Early Antique Hallmarked Dutc...
    $191
    Lg Antique Black Forest Carved Wood Glass Eyes Horned Owl Sculpture Humidor Box
    Lg Antique Black Forest Carved Wood...
    $660
    Antique 20thC Japanese Silver Wire Yellow Cloisonne Vase w/ Exotic Peacock Bird
    Antique 20thC Japanese Silver Wire ...
    $99
    logo
    19th Century English Jack Russell Terrier Dog Portrait Signed Antique Painting
    19th Century English Jack Russell T...
    $205

Comments

1. TimeTraveller TimeTraveller, 1 year ago
      Nice bird collection. I love titmice. In central Texas we have the Tufted Titmouse and the Black Crested Titmouse. They are such energetic songbirds. Love it!!
    2. jscott0363 jscott0363, 1 year ago
      Cute little birds Jenni!!
    3. AdeleC AdeleC, 1 year ago
      I love these!
    4. Mrstyndall Mrstyndall, 1 year ago
      So pretty, Jenni!
    5. Ms.CrystalShip Ms.CrystalShip, 1 year ago
      What wonderous colors!
      Your glass menagerie has brought so many smiles to all of us here, Jenni!
      Thank you so much for sharing their beauty!
    6. LaurenRedmond LaurenRedmond, 1 year ago
      Don't think I've ever heard of a titmouse? Or seen one, I don't think we have them where I'm from, but we do have wrens and lots of them! In Ireland here they are called king of the birds because according to legend all the birds had a competition to see who could fly the highest without tiring and be crowned king and the wren, being the cleverest hitched a ride on the eagle's back and was crowned king.
      This little glass wren is lovely- his pose is so perfectly captured with his upward tail- the little cocked tail is so distinguishable from all other birds!
    7. Gillian, 1 year ago
      Love the Wren with this pose - tail up. I have a particular fondness for the Wren, and these Kosta Boda birds are really lovely representations. As Lauren says, a King for sure.
    8. PhilDMorris PhilDMorris, 1 year ago
      Your collection makes me envious, what beauty !~
    9. Newfld Newfld, 1 year ago
      Many thanks all for the kind love
      TimeT
      Marie
      Vet
      aura
      BB2
      CindyB
      Phil

Super compliment TimeT, I love hearing about your titmouse birds, NY doesn't have these and judging by this glass repro they sure are cute - thanks for the info & lovely compliment

Thanks Scott for enjoying my cuties, they are tiny but I love 'em! Also love those ice looking tree stumps they stand on

Adele I so appreciate your wonderful comment, your glass collection is so great it is high praise to me that you liked this pair

Thanks MrsT for the very kind compliment, so glad you liked my birdies

Eileen I am delighted to share some glass beauties with fabulous friends like you who always appreciate them, thanks as ever for the lovely words - and I like to think my little animals sort of pick me as well lol

Great story about the wren king of the birds Lauren, it looks to be a very cute bird - I confess to seeing neither bird in my neck of the woods but on nature shows they are beautiful, I am thrilled that you enjoyed them and for the lovely legend

Gillian thank you so much for the very nice comment and so glad you liked this Kosta bird pair

Aw Phil I'm so delighted you love my collection as I do yours, fantastic heart felt compliment, thank you so very much
    10. Newfld Newfld, 1 year ago
      Many thanks for the kind love sklo42 and Anik, very glad you enjoyed these Swedish birds
    11. Sylvester22 Sylvester22, 1 year ago
      Very pretty birds the glass colors really make it pop
    12. Newfld Newfld, 1 year ago
      Thank you Sylvester for the very lovely comment, really appreciate it & so glad you liked these Kosta birds
    13. Newfld Newfld, 2 months ago
      Thank you for the thoughtful love sklo42 and Sean, it is very much appreciated
    14. Newfld Newfld, 2 months ago
      Thank you verbatim and MrsT for the kind love I am always very grateful