Murano Glass squirrel

In Animals > Show & Tell and Art Glass > Show & Tell.
Animals110 of 6527Looking for information Kanawha Glass rabbit

racer4fourracer4four loves this.
dav2no1dav2no1 loves this.
blunderbuss2blunderbuss2 loves this.
PhilDMorrisPhilDMorris loves this.

Posted 3 months ago

Newfld

Here is an 8 1-2"H smoke grey and clear glass squirrel with orig label from Murano Vincenzo Nason ca 1990s

logo
    Animals
    Antique Horse Drawn Sleigh
    Antique Horse Drawn Sleigh...
    $750
    19th Century English Prize Longhorn Bull Cow Portrait Antique Oil Painting
    19th Century English Prize Longhorn...
    $160
    Antique Hand Wrought Iron Figural Cobra Snake Pocket Watch Holder NO RESERVE
    Antique Hand Wrought Iron Figural C...
    $78
    Antique 1920, Carved Wood Rolling Eye Owl Book Novelty Clock Sculpture, NR
    Antique 1920, Carved Wood Rolling E...
    $81
    logo
    Antique Horse Drawn Sleigh
    Antique Horse Drawn Sleigh...
    $750

Comments

1. PhilDMorris PhilDMorris, 3 months ago
      A squirrelly girly, she is divine fun !~
    2. blunderbuss2 blunderbuss2, 3 months ago
      Ah, and Phil joins us again ! Here, people would probably think it is a mongoose.
    3. racer4four racer4four, 3 months ago
      All the hallmarks of great Murano glass. So much life in this, Jenni!
    4. LaurenRedmond LaurenRedmond, 3 months ago
      He's a grey squirrel- at first I though in the thumbnail it was a little glass rat! :P Now I see his full grey tail. He's so alert and curious looking too, and I find most squirrels are depicted as the red ones but he's got a lovely light charcoal grey to him which isn't half as used as it should be in sculpture/glass.
    5. six-0-one six-0-one, 3 months ago
      So beautiful and outstanding color
    6. Jettabetta1 Jettabetta1, 3 months ago
      I don’t even like squirrels ... but this one is cool.
    7. Newfld Newfld, 3 months ago
      Phil
      BB2
      dav2no1
      Karen
      Lauren
      Malkey
      Thomas
      aura
      fort
      Mani
      Vet
      six-0-one

Thank you Phil for the fun and fabulous comment, yes I believe we have a lady squirrel here with her voluptuous lips! The Murano folks always put their own spin on animal designs, and this is one far out squirrel

Thanks BB2 for weighing in & your great comment, I can see the mongoose comparison with the tall upright body and unusual face, most squirrels I have are usually bent over with a nut in their hands

Karen thank you for the super praise, this really is a nice large Murano animal with a cool design, and it does look rather lively esp the animated face, lucky find 4 me

Yes Lauren a grey squirrel & the type I have here in NY running amok at this time of year. You are so right, wish they would make more animals in grey glass, the most I have are Swedish or British, now this Murano maker Nason has others in online images but I've yet to find them. Thank you for your always terrific compliments

Thank you six-0-one for the lovely compliments & I definitely agree the grey is a great color for animal glass, I'll have to look around for more in future

Really appreciate the very nice comment Jettabetta, I know real squirrels can be somewhat scary if they approach you, but I'm fine with them minding their business from a distance lol
    8. blunderbuss2 blunderbuss2, 3 months ago
      I remember jet black squirrels in Toronto. Maybe from smog ? Is that their only habitat ?
    9. Newfld Newfld, 3 months ago
      That is so cool BB2, I've never seen a black squirrel but you got me thinking and checking them out. Seems the black color is the result of a faulty pigment gene and it gives them a thermal advantage in northern climates. Their habitat is southern central Canada esp Ontario, and the Great Lakes area of Michigan
    10. blunderbuss2 blunderbuss2, 3 months ago
      Interesting Newfld. Are they doing protest marches or rioting ?
    11. Newfld Newfld, 3 months ago
      Thanks Lisa & Cokeman for the love, it is always super appreciated & very glad you liked this Murano squirrel

lol BB2 :))
    12. Newfld Newfld, 3 months ago
      Thank you Blammoammo for the love it is very much appreciated
    13. Newfld Newfld, 3 months ago
      Thank you so much MarmorealMaiden for loving this tall Murano squirrel, always grateful for the kind consideration & very pleased you liked it
    14. Newfld Newfld, 3 months ago
      Many thanks for the thoughtful love
      Adele
      iggy
      ho2
    15. Newfld Newfld, 3 months ago
      Thanks bobby & Kevin for the love, it's so nice of you and I really appreciate it guys :)
    16. Newfld Newfld, 2 months ago
      Really appreciate the thoughtful love Hoot, many thanks for enjoying this tall Murano squirrel he barely fits in my cabinet :)