Rare Sherman Necklace, Pink & Green With Pressed Glass Leaves, Sherman Signed With Exact Match Earrings, Circa 1955

In Costume Jewelry > Show & Tell and Costume Jewelry > Sherman Costume Jewelry > Show & Tell.
Costume Jewelry565 of 9276CoroPolynesian by Sarah Coventry 1967

jscott0363jscott0363 loves this.
NewfldNewfld loves this.
auraaura loves this.
PhilDMorrisPhilDMorris loves this.

Posted 9 months ago

PhilDMorris

Extremely Rare GREEN & PINK Sherman Necklace, With Pressed Glass Leaves, Sherman Signed With Exact Matching Earrings, Circa 1955

I received this set approx 2014-2015. Just recently got it out as there were so many pieces I found no time to photograph properly so never posted them.

This set has the pressed glass leaves which were done since about 1955 when Dior apparently developed them and were first to produce them possibly through Czechoslovakia and Kramer jewellery. I posted them first on the Sherman Masterpiece site and found out that not one collector had found a necklace before and only found some brooches. and not in this colour. Pink and Green also first time seen apparently in this technique Sherman did. And of course it gets even better with the earrings perfectly matched and I put in a close-up to show the small flower in the main necklace that matches the pair of them in the pressed glass leaf earrings. I imagine possibly no one had seen a necklace by Sherman before in this technique because possibly they were hard to produce without breakage. A number of other Costume Jewelers designed and produced similar items although I have seen rather few before. I will look for a brooch to match this amazing set, demi-parure, in the future.

logo
    Costume Jewelry
    ESTATE VINTAGE TO NOW COSTUME JEWELRY LOT 20 Pc NO JUNK NECKLACE BROOCH EAR
    ESTATE VINTAGE TO NOW COSTUME JEWEL...
    $40
    Vintage Moon Face Carved Mother of Pearl Shell 925 Pendant Necklace SP 24" Chain
    Vintage Moon Face Carved Mother of ...
    $13
    VICTORIAN STYLE 925 STERLING SILVER LAB OPAL FILIGREE RING,                 #994
    VICTORIAN STYLE 925 STERLING SILVER...
    $35
    Boho Wodden Beaded Long Necklaces Ethnic Stone Wood Beads Pendant For Women
    Boho Wodden Beaded Long Necklaces E...
    $12
    logo
    ESTATE VINTAGE TO NOW COSTUME JEWELRY LOT 20 Pc NO JUNK NECKLACE BROOCH EAR
    ESTATE VINTAGE TO NOW COSTUME JEWEL...
    $40

Comments

1. Newfld Newfld, 9 months ago
      Fabulous delicate floral design, the pink stones & pressed glass leaves are a very beautiful combination
    2. jscott0363 jscott0363, 9 months ago
      This so beautiful Phil!! Spectacular colors!
    3. Mrstyndall Mrstyndall, 9 months ago
      Very beautiful, Phil!
    4. Shuzbut Shuzbut, 9 months ago
      Very nice Phil.................
    5. VioletOrange VioletOrange, 9 months ago
      Love the colors, especially the purples and greens!!
    6. Andreamw, 9 months ago
      Gorgeous! I love the colors, and it has such a light and graceful feeling to it! Great find. I hope you find the brooch!
    7. kyratango kyratango, 9 months ago
      F A B U L O U S ! ! !
    8. shareurpassion shareurpassion, 9 months ago
      This is very pretty Phil! I forgot, not all Sherman pieces are signed, are they? I've gotten some unsigned pieces and feel they are something, I'm just not sure yet! Knowing you, you will find that brooch!!! xoxo
    9. PhilDMorris PhilDMorris, 9 months ago
      I ALSO CHECK TO SEE if pieces are signed. These are. I would be especially careful to see if this kind of set is signed and you have to be. In this case it is a must that all pieces are signed since other companies used the leaves !!~
    10. PhilDMorris PhilDMorris, 9 months ago
      Thank you Andrea, kyratango, and shareurpassion !~
    11. PhilDMorris PhilDMorris, 9 months ago
      Thanks for the great comments Newfld, jscotto, Mrst, and Shuzbut, thanks Violet O. but the colours are actually pink and green, not purple at all !~
    12. PhilDMorris PhilDMorris, 9 months ago
      Thank you Thomas, appreciated !~
    13. Manikin Manikin, 9 months ago
      An amazing design ,beautiful coloring . Your collection is the best . Much love !
    14. Ms.CrystalShip Ms.CrystalShip, 9 months ago
      Sorry for the late comment Phil, been off with the family, haven’t been home in ages.
      This is by far, the most unique set of Sherman you have given us the honor of seeing!
      Wow, the graceful touch of the molded leaves gives this set such wonder! I love it beyond words. This is something my Daughter would wear, as she loves delicate, feminine pieces.
    15. PhilDMorris PhilDMorris, 8 months ago
      Thank you Newfld and jscotto for the nice commentary !~
    16. Ms.CrystalShip Ms.CrystalShip, 8 months ago
      Now I know why Kramer used this molded leaf in so many of their designs! As you know, Kramer made jewelry for Dior, very pricey stuff. Makes me reconsider spreading out on Kramer jewelry a little more. :)
      Thanks for the info Phil!
    17. PhilDMorris PhilDMorris, 8 months ago
      Thank you Eileen for clarifying that. I think I mentioned to you was a Kramer set not using the leaves but in a stunning set I saw which helped convince me that I could learn something from collecting jewellery. Kramer did some wonderful work, not totally appreciated, thanks again Eileen, for your comments and knowledge !~
    18. Celiene Celiene, 8 months ago
      Wow. I love it! I love multi-colored jewelry. Long time no see, Phil!
    19. RichmondLori RichmondLori, 8 months ago
      Wow Stunningly gorgeous - unbelievably lovely.
    20. katherinescollections katherinescollections, 8 months ago
      Incredible pieces, unique glass leaves, and the pastel colors are to die for. Very apropos for spring, and Easter outfit.
    21. inky inky, 8 months ago
      I love this, it’s beautiful!..
    22. rhineisfine rhineisfine, 8 months ago
      What a breathtaking piece! It reminds me of a galaxy filled with colourful stars.
      This is exceptional even for Sherman!!
    23. PhilDMorris PhilDMorris, 8 months ago