Antique pressed glassbeads

In Costume Jewelry > Glass Jewelry > Show & Tell.
Glass Jewelry1 of 208'Night At The Opera' set. Midcentury european glassbead necklace

RichmondLoriRichmondLori loves this.
valentino97valentino97 loves this.
CelieneCeliene loves this.
jscott0363jscott0363 loves this.
auraaura loves this.

Posted 1 month ago

Elisabethan

Last christmas I was given a jewelry reference book that had a lot of photos of wonderful glass jewelry. I loved two necklaces that where said to be pressed glass beads from 1910-1920. I so loved them but had never seen beads like that so I wasn't hopeful about finding any. But suddenly I found this strand on ebay. The beads are even more beautiful than those in the book as they are more elaborate and have dragonflyes that I like. The beads are not exactly the same size but are around 2 cm long.

It is a short necklace that should be long so I think someone has modified it, maybe some beads got broken. The clasp sais "Made in France". Hope you like them.

logo
    Glass Jewelry
    Large Antique Victorian Saphiret Glass Bracelet
    Large Antique Victorian Saphiret Gl...
    $185
    Vintage Elsa Schiaparelli Green Gripoix Glass Aurora Borealis Crystal Brooch
    Vintage Elsa Schiaparelli Green Gri...
    $79
    Antique Victorian Art Deco Vintage Jewelry Repair Lot Sterling GF ++ G16
    Antique Victorian Art Deco Vintage ...
    $41
    Jewelry Lot 5 pc Wear Resell Estate Vintage-Modern great stocking stuffers gift
    Jewelry Lot 5 pc Wear Resell Estate...
    $11
    logo
    Large Antique Victorian Saphiret Glass Bracelet
    Large Antique Victorian Saphiret Gl...
    $185

Comments

1. jscott0363 jscott0363, 1 month ago
      Beautiful beads!! I love the dragonfly design.
    2. Celiene Celiene, 1 month ago
      So pretty! Are the designs etched? I mean 'frosted'? Is each bead EXACTLY alike? Like pressed from a mold?
    3. valentino97 valentino97, 1 month ago
      Yes, beautiful! You could restring w/small clear crystal beads to make it longer. I am sure you know that. Has a Lalique feel. Love it.
    4. Elisabethan Elisabethan, 1 month ago
      Thank you very much jcscott!
    5. Elisabethan Elisabethan, 1 month ago
      Thankyou Celiene! They look very much alike even if I can't say for sure if they are exactly the same. The pattern can be felt when you touch it and yes the pattern is "frosted".
    6. Elisabethan Elisabethan, 1 month ago
      Thankyou Valentino! Yes I must do that. Need to dwell on that a bit - which ones to use with these. Glad you find them that nice. I love them.
    7. racer4four racer4four, 1 month ago
      The beads are so beautiful Elisabethan. Congratulations on finding them!
    8. Elisabethan Elisabethan, 1 month ago
      Thankyou so much Racer4four! I am very happy :)
    9. SEAN68 SEAN68, 21 days ago
      beautiful!!!
    10. Elisabethan Elisabethan, 21 days ago
      Thankyou Sean68! :)
    11. Ms.CrystalShip Ms.CrystalShip, 21 days ago
      “Hope you like them”
      I LOVE THEM!
      These are truly a treasure, and antique to boot! Wow!
      Seriously, there was a time I wore nothing but crystals beads, I would of flipped if I had found these! Most beautiful!!!
    12. Elisabethan Elisabethan, 19 days ago
      Ha ha Ms.ChrystalShip :) thank you very much! I do love them. They are a true find. I was sooo happy to find them. This weekend I plan to restring it and make it a longer necklace. Hope all is well with you and have a nice weekend! We might see each other here :)