Antique pressed glassbeads

In Costume Jewelry > Glass Jewelry > Show & Tell.
Glass Jewelry1 of 208'Night At The Opera' set. Midcentury european glassbead necklace

mikelv85mikelv85 loves this.
valentino97valentino97 loves this.
CelieneCeliene loves this.
jscott0363jscott0363 loves this.
auraaura loves this.

Posted 2 months ago

Elisabethan

Last christmas I was given a jewelry reference book that had a lot of photos of wonderful glass jewelry. I loved two necklaces that where said to be pressed glass beads from 1910-1920. I so loved them but had never seen beads like that so I wasn't hopeful about finding any. But suddenly I found this strand on ebay. The beads are even more beautiful than those in the book as they are more elaborate and have dragonflyes that I like. The beads are not exactly the same size but are around 2 cm long.

It is a short necklace that should be long so I think someone has modified it, maybe some beads got broken. The clasp sais "Made in France". Hope you like them.

logo
    Glass Jewelry
    Rare Signed EDOUARD RAMBAUD PARIS Vintage Long Clips Earrings Gripoix Glass
    Rare Signed EDOUARD RAMBAUD PARIS V...
    $206
    HIGH QUALITY Vintage Jewelry Lot Necklaces Brooches Bracelet Earrings Gold Tone
    HIGH QUALITY Vintage Jewelry Lot Ne...
    $111
    TRIFARI VTG GILT MESH CHAIN GLASS CRYSTAL DRIPPY WATERFALL DROP RUNWAY NECKLACE
    TRIFARI VTG GILT MESH CHAIN GLASS C...
    $94
    Antique Victorian Rose Gold Filled Crescent Moon Star Gypsy Set Paste Locket
    Antique Victorian Rose Gold Filled ...
    $72
    logo
    Rare Signed EDOUARD RAMBAUD PARIS Vintage Long Clips Earrings Gripoix Glass
    Rare Signed EDOUARD RAMBAUD PARIS V...
    $206

Comments

1. jscott0363 jscott0363, 2 months ago
      Beautiful beads!! I love the dragonfly design.
    2. Celiene Celiene, 2 months ago
      So pretty! Are the designs etched? I mean 'frosted'? Is each bead EXACTLY alike? Like pressed from a mold?
    3. valentino97 valentino97, 2 months ago
      Yes, beautiful! You could restring w/small clear crystal beads to make it longer. I am sure you know that. Has a Lalique feel. Love it.
    4. Elisabethan Elisabethan, 2 months ago
      Thank you very much jcscott!
    5. Elisabethan Elisabethan, 2 months ago
      Thankyou Celiene! They look very much alike even if I can't say for sure if they are exactly the same. The pattern can be felt when you touch it and yes the pattern is "frosted".
    6. Elisabethan Elisabethan, 2 months ago
      Thankyou Valentino! Yes I must do that. Need to dwell on that a bit - which ones to use with these. Glad you find them that nice. I love them.
    7. racer4four racer4four, 2 months ago
      The beads are so beautiful Elisabethan. Congratulations on finding them!
    8. Elisabethan Elisabethan, 2 months ago
      Thankyou so much Racer4four! I am very happy :)
    9. SEAN68 SEAN68, 2 months ago
      beautiful!!!
    10. Elisabethan Elisabethan, 2 months ago
      Thankyou Sean68! :)
    11. Ms.CrystalShip Ms.CrystalShip, 2 months ago
      “Hope you like them”
      I LOVE THEM!
      These are truly a treasure, and antique to boot! Wow!
      Seriously, there was a time I wore nothing but crystals beads, I would of flipped if I had found these! Most beautiful!!!
    12. Elisabethan Elisabethan, 2 months ago
      Ha ha Ms.ChrystalShip :) thank you very much! I do love them. They are a true find. I was sooo happy to find them. This weekend I plan to restring it and make it a longer necklace. Hope all is well with you and have a nice weekend! We might see each other here :)