Antique/vintage silver articulated fish, KYRATISED.

In Animals > Show & Tell and Silver > Show & Tell.
Animals250 of 6013Very Old GUND Scottish Rabbit w/tag~Anyone know how old?Fenton Glass reclining bear

TreyTrey loves this.
PhilDMorrisPhilDMorris loves this.
kiwipaulkiwipaul loves this.

Posted 5 months ago

kyratango

Got this wounded fish...

200 grams, 20cm long.

Unmarked silver, lacking two fins and his eyes...

Kyratisation:

First a good cleaning and not harsh polish with a sunshine cloth.

Took a rubbing of remaining fins.

Cut a doubled piece of each from a disposable aluminium cake mold.

Turned the edges with pinch.

Embossed them with a nail art dotting tool.

Curved shape them accordingly to the originals.

Backed with uv curing resin in thick layer for strength.

Patinated with markers and acrylic paint.

Glued them in place with uv curing resin.

Others I saw had green cabochons eyes...

Having none convenient ones, I went for painting white the eyes sockets, then orange and black markers and finaly a drop of Judikins Diamond Glaze.

He can stand again and no more looks as a dead sardin ;-)

Comments

1. PhilDMorris PhilDMorris, 5 months ago
      A fantastic piece, I love these articulated masterpieces. You did such a fine job bringing this fish back to life !~
    2. Newfld Newfld, 5 months ago
      Such a gorgeous fish Pascale, made more beautiful with your delightful improvements! Perhaps a catfish, what type fish do you think
    3. kyratango kyratango, 5 months ago
      Phil, thank you so much for your always supportive and enthousiastic comments on my kyratisations! XOXO

Jenni, thanks for your gorgeous comment! ;-)
      I'm in no way an ichtyologist... only a pisces zodiacal sign!
      I think it is a cyprinidae, carp family, even if he shows a "esthetic surgery trout pout", lol!
    4. wpj wpj, 5 months ago
      Just beautiful.

5. kyratango kyratango, 5 months ago
      Thank you Wpj! :-D
    6. Brunswick Brunswick, 5 months ago
      Wonderful Job and I learned again Today!!!

Thomas.
    7. rhinoman rhinoman, 5 months ago
      Great piece and good work.
    8. valentino97 valentino97, 5 months ago
      Thanks for sharing this lovely restore. Wonderful work as always my friend :-)
    9. Alan2310 Alan2310, 5 months ago
      Amazing Japanese Koi, i have many Japanese print that this stylist Koi is depicted.
      Very nice catch and repair as always.
      Alan
    10. blunderbuss2 blunderbuss2, 5 months ago
      You "dun good" Mon ! Don't recognize most of what you used, since I've never seen them here.
    11. Mrstyndall Mrstyndall, 5 months ago
      Awesome work!
    12. kerry10456 kerry10456, 5 months ago
      Just bouncing in.....this is really neat.
    13. Roycroftbooksfromme1 Roycroftbooksfromme1, 5 months ago
      Something fishy about this ..lol ...nice job as all ways... '= ) enjoy the day
    14. jscott0363 jscott0363, 5 months ago
      He's FANTASTIC Kyra!! You did an amazing job on this fellow, as usual!!
    15. kyratango kyratango, 5 months ago
      Thomas, Rhinoman, Valentino, Alan, Bb2, Mrstyndall, Kerry, Roycroft and Scott!!! Thank you all for your warm and delightful comments!!!
      Love back to you :-))
    16. Roycroftbooksfromme1 Roycroftbooksfromme1, 3 months ago
      Hey hows your summer going cool and wet here ...lol do you follow Ben Toury or Doc K over there in your hood ..lol There cool..take care.. '-)
    17. Roycroftbooksfromme1 Roycroftbooksfromme1, 3 months ago
      oops forgot this.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZsx1lKLKh4
    18. shareurpassion shareurpassion, 3 months ago
      He's a beauty!!! I've been able to come on a little more often and haven't seen you at all. I do hope you are ok?!
    19. kyratango kyratango, 3 months ago
      Uh.. Gary... Sorry for the very late thank you for this great Video and comment :-)
      I'm having my in laws at home for 2 months, even if they come and leave during this time, I'm rather busy :-D
    20. kyratango kyratango, 3 months ago
      Share, THANK YOU!
      As said above, I'm rather busy at the moment!
      In fact, I'm exhausted, lol!
      Cooking for 3 meals a day at fixed hours isn't my thing ;-))
      Checking all doors and windows at all time...
      They locked my curious cat inside their car, happily she only spent a few hours there, otherwise it could have been days :-((
      Let the automatic portal open, so the rascals doggies went out and chased the neighbour's chickens...
      Phew!
      Sure, I'm now less active here, just checking from time to time, but always happy to see CW friends! :-D
    21. Roycroftbooksfromme1 Roycroftbooksfromme1, 2 months ago
      wow 3 months .. you must be part saint...smiling.. had a girl and her mate and her mother stop in my little Photoshop ...as she spoke said you dont sound local ...lol she was from France and her and her mate bought a place up here just down the road .. her mom said she would like to move here as well ...she's a teacher .. nice to talk to ... get some rest and say hi to the kids ...later my friend.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xiukoaDsG0
    22. kyratango kyratango, 2 months ago
      Aww Gary!
      You will practise your French, mon cher :-D

Yep part saint! :-))
      Man is hiking through Europa till beginning of November... He departed mid April from Black Sea shore and intend to join Atlantic!
      We met in Vienna 3 weeks ago and were both very happy ;-)
      The rascals are still very malicious at now 3 years old.... They say HI to you :-P
    23. Roycroftbooksfromme1 Roycroftbooksfromme1, 2 months ago
      we we, we will practice ....lol Ooooo la la you found a soul mate ,.. happy for you, been with mine 29 years as of yesterday ..Vienna ,never been to Austria , ..So your Man must be on one of the E trails ..?
      smiling ..hey enjoy the day,. time for me to jump in the shower and then get to work, its beautiful day today over here ..we'll keep in touch ...BB has my e mail address.. ;-)

24. kyratango kyratango, 2 months ago
      Hey, Gary! Happy belated 29th anniversary to you and wife!
      Been with mine for 22 years, oh la la, didn't realize that till you said...
      Enjoy you showers :-)))