Czech Posy Vase

In Art Glass > Bohemian Art Glass > Show & Tell and Art Deco > Show & Tell.
Bohemian Art Glass4525 of 6456LOETZ CANDIA PAPILLON Czech Glass Vase with Gilded Scrafitto Ducks~Textured background, Marked

NewfldNewfld loves this.
racer4fourracer4four loves this.
tom61375tom61375 loves this.
blunderbuss2blunderbuss2 loves this.
aghcollectaghcollect loves this.
Moonstonelover21Moonstonelover21 loves this.

antiquerose

Hi, just got this a couple hours ago here. Czech Posy vase I would assume. Unfortunately - missing its metal frog at the top but maybe can find one to fit. If not - still like it this way. Nice mottled yellow and Blue colors. I say Mottled but also called spatter or end of Day also. Striking, I think. Very Good wear on the bottom. About 5.25 inches tall. Is Kralik the maker or who? Thinking it is from about 1920's or 1930's Art Deco era......

Thanks, as said *just* got it -- so my very newest find!!

logo
    Bohemian Art Glass
    Original Loetz Bohemian Gold Candia Silberiris Astraea Art Nouveau Glass Vase NR
    Original Loetz Bohemian Gold Candia...
    $292
    Bohemian Czech Vintage Crystal Tumbler Whisky Glass 320 ml set 6 Hand Queenlace
    Bohemian Czech Vintage Crystal Tumb...
    $135
    Five Traube By Nachtmann Bohemian Crystal Wine Hock Goblets 6-7/8" Cut To Clear
    Five Traube By Nachtmann Bohemian C...
    $180
    BOHEMIA QUEEN HAND CUT 24% LEAD CRYSTAL WHISKY GLASS 11 OZ (320 ml) MINT  6 PC
    BOHEMIA QUEEN HAND CUT 24% LEAD CRY...
    $132
    logo
    Original Loetz Bohemian Gold Candia...
    $292

Comments

1. SEAN68 SEAN68, 7 years ago
      stunning!!
    2. antiquerose antiquerose, 7 years ago
      Thanks for the loves, HUGS back:

vetraio50
      tom61375
      blunderbuss2
      czechman
      SEAN68 ---------> Thanks for the comment Sean, always appreciative!
      Weirdpuckett ---------> Thanks for the comment, will check!
      PhilDavidAlexanderMorris
      aghcollect
      Moonstonelover21
    3. antiquerose antiquerose, 7 years ago
      thanks for the loves, greatly appreciated:

toolate2
      geo26e.
      mikelv85
      Slave-to-glass
      racer4four
    4. antiquerose antiquerose, 7 years ago
      Oh yah....took a UV light to it and it appears to glow. Will get photo later, suffering with mega headache today!

Happy July 1 to all Canadians on here!
    5. antiquerose antiquerose, 7 years ago
      Thanks for the Loves:

VioletOrange
      Michelleb007
    6. inky inky, 7 years ago
      Lovely vase..lovely colours.....:-)
    7. MacArt MacArt, 7 years ago
      I want to believe it's Welz, lower part looks a bit more angular than usual, probably because of newer mold.
    8. antiquerose antiquerose, 6 years ago
      Thanks for the loves:

wksgibson
      Vintagefran
      Mac63
      Radegunder
      MacArt --> Thanks for the comment also !!
      inky --> Thanks for the comment also !!
      IanBrighton
      AnneLanders
    9. welzebub, 6 years ago
      The style of foot and "angular shape of the base" on this example is likely one that can be found in the production of almost every Czech glass maker. There is nothing that I can see which would point reasonably to any specific house. Personally, it seems like kind of a "blind leap" to get to Rückl based on that detail.
    10. welzebub, 6 years ago
      I only speak for myself whenever I comment.... I generally try to make that pretty clear. I usually do so by using phrases such as "in my opinion", "I think", "based on my experience", "my own research has indicated to me", or the one directly above which says.... "There is nothing that I can see ".

I would personally consider it a "blind leap" due to the fact that the detail of the shape you are referring to is one that can likely be found on a variety of examples from known and unknown houses. That is why I could personally consider it a leap.
    11. welzebub, 6 years ago
      I also enjoy public forums such as this due to the freedom afforded to people to offer opposing opinions for users to consider for themselves.... Always keeping in mind of course, that my comments need to be on-topic and respectful.
    12. scottvez scottvez, 6 years ago
      I don't see anything distinctive enough about the foot/ base to link to any particular maker.

So, I too would NOT subscribe to the thought that it "May very well be Ruckl" based on that particular feature.

scott
    13. welzebub, 6 years ago
      The comments referring to a Rückl attribution, to which I am responding, have been removed from the post.
    14. antiquerose antiquerose, 6 years ago
      Ohhh.....comments were removed??

I did not even get to see them, nor did I remove them. So a little lost in left field here....LOL

I take it -- there was Wrong Attribution somewhere - No problem
    15. welzebub, 6 years ago
      The attribution was based on a "resemblance" of the foot on this vase to the foot on a known Rückl shape. I disagreed and the poster seemed to take umbrage at my disagreeing. Here is a link to the shape that was being used to connect your vase to Rückl. It is the 10 inch tall blue piece in the front of the case.

16. antiquerose antiquerose, 6 years ago
      Oh okay....No problem. Stuff happens....LOL. Who is the maker of this piece, and the date - If known.

Thanks for the explanation Craig !
    17. welzebub, 6 years ago
      Honestly... I do not know who made it.... I do not know that the décor, or the shape have ever been linked to any maker using supportable evidence........ I would date it to the 1920's most likely.
    18. antiquerose antiquerose, 6 years ago
      Okay Dokey.....Mystery Maker remains. Will be on the look-out for an ID....LOL....fingers crossed

Thanks
    19. antiquerose antiquerose, 6 years ago
      Thanks for the loves:

IanBrighton
      LOUMANAL

......Also Thanks @ WELZEBUB and SCOTT for their comments !!
    20. antiquerose antiquerose, 5 years ago