Vintage spider brooch & Murano pumpkin

In Art Glass > Murano and Italian Art Glass > Show & Tell and Costume Jewelry > Costume Brooches > Show & Tell.
Murano and Italian Art Glass74 of 1395Murano Frosted glass birdsSALVIATI MURANO ART GLASS Dolphin Top COMPOTE CENTERPIECE

jbingham95jbingham95 loves this.
Re-In-VintageRe-In-Vintage loves this.
IvonneIvonne loves this.
LaurenRedmondLaurenRedmond loves this.
PhilDMorrisPhilDMorris loves this.

Posted 11 months ago

Newfld

This 2 1-4"W spider brooch has deep purple rhinestones on a realistically shaped goldtone body, climbing on a 4" cased red glass pumpkin with vintage made in Murano label
    Happy Halloween all luv Jenni

Comments

1. PhilDMorris PhilDMorris, 11 months ago
      A beautiful Royal purple spider to tickle our senses !~
    2. LaurenRedmond LaurenRedmond, 11 months ago
      This is so cool and perfect for Halloween- he's perched on the pumpkin waiting for an unsuspecting fly and because he's near enough the same colour as it he's able to blend in perfectly!
    3. Mrstyndall Mrstyndall, 11 months ago
      Both are really neat and a nice display!
    4. themuse themuse, 11 months ago
      Does the mark say Czecho?
    5. nutsabotas6 nutsabotas6, 11 months ago
      Both pieces are beautiful, but that spider brooch is stunning!! I agree with themuse, looks like Czecho. :)
    6. Ms.CrystalShip Ms.CrystalShip, 11 months ago
      This spider is not creepy at all. When you're this pretty, how can you be?
      My Mother wore a sterling spider on her coat shoulder...
      She always got a kick when people would gasp at first sight.
      Great memory came flowing back, thank you Jenni and I thank your precious spider!
    7. Ms.CrystalShip Ms.CrystalShip, 11 months ago
      Jenni, you know how I feel about red, so your
      beautiful pumpkin is #1 in my book.
    8. AnnaB AnnaB, 11 months ago
      I wish all spiders in my house were like this one! Then I wouldn't mind them LOL
    9. OldeAsDirt OldeAsDirt, 11 months ago
      That is both creepy and beautiful!
    10. Newfld Newfld, 11 months ago
      Thanks Phil for the super nice compliment, you always say the greatest things & make me smile :)

Lauren, you totally got what I was trying to convey here, the lurking spider on his 'punkin' waiting for his prey! I'm so pleased you enjoyed my little Halloween combo & totally appreciate your fab comment

Thanks MrsT for very nice compliment & appreciating my Halloween staging here, the best thing was getting to show the spider's rhinestone colors, as they looked black under regular lights - it needed kitchen sunlight + LED lights to show color

Thanks Ken and themuse for IDing this Czech-made spider, I can see it now & posted the mark upside down as the seller did, who tried to pass this off to me as a Hobe mark (well guess it worked, I bought it lol). Ken your compliments are primo as always

Eileen I am really happy you liked the spider & didn't hate it as I know how you feel about crawlies like snakes - in real life I'm not a spider lover esp those huge garden spiders, but this one is nicely made & I love the prong-set rhinestones on such a small item, quite intricate. Yes I hoped the red glass pumpkin would appeal to you, my red loving friend! Great words and fab compliments, thanks a mil

Right Anna, nothing worse than waking up in the morning and seeing a big house spider on the wall - hate those daddy long legs most! Wonderful comment my friend, thank you

OldeasDirt I so agree, this spider jewel was beautifully lit in the seller's ad, I thought it was both creative and a designer piece (wrong there), so I ordered it a year or so ago, when the pkge arrived it looked like a real black spider & when I held it the feathery legs creeped me out & I dropped it! Since then I've come to like it alot as a Halloween piece, it always gets a big reaction

The Halloween loves are super appreciated
      Phil
      fort
      OldeAsDirt
      AnythingObscure
    11. kyratango kyratango, 11 months ago
      Loooovely spider! The pumpkin is kind of cute too :-D
    12. Celiene Celiene, 11 months ago
      It almost looks like you could slip a little piece of scented cloth in his hollow body and make it a vinaigrette! LOVE him!
    13. buckethead buckethead, 11 months ago
      Awesome Arachnid and Cucurbit!
      Happy Halloween :)
    14. Newfld Newfld, 11 months ago
      Pascale I just knew you would like my spider, it's so real looking, and I love your great compliments

Thanks Celiene for the super creative comment, spidey would look good on a vinaigrette bottle, preferably pumpkin vinaigrette!!

Buckethead I'm glad you enjoyed my arachnid & cucurbit display here, wonderful compliments, thanks so much & have a happy

Thanx 4 the love & a great Halloween to all
      Vet
      Anik
      Celiene
      buckethead
      Roy

15. AnnaB AnnaB, 11 months ago
      Oh no, I think daddy long legs are cute! Sometimes i rescue them from troubles their long legs get them into LOL It's the other kinds, like Sac spiders, that make me cringe, but i know they have a reason and purpose, so when I can, I just take them outside on a piece of paper. Ticks, on the other hand, i could never like even as a gold jewel encrusted with diamonds and emeralds sitting atop of a Faberge Egg! =)
    16. Newfld Newfld, 11 months ago
      Anna it's so nice to hear that you don't like to kill spiders, my very humanitarian grandma also used to catch them on paper & throw them back outside alive. Whenever I see any bug inside (except ladybugs) I get very distressed thinking about potential bites, & grab an all natural citrus cleaner with a stream spray so it floods them on contact & at least they don't suffer. Outside, I never bother them, as you say they have a purpose in our ecosystem

Thanks so much guys for the love & happy Halloween
      Sean
      Kevin
      Ho2
    17. Newfld Newfld, 11 months ago
      Thanks & Happy Halloween Thomas, always totally appreciate the very kind love
    18. themuse themuse, 11 months ago
      I ignore any spiders in my home as long as they aren't brown recluses. They are the sign of a healthy ecosystem. Plus they catch flies ;)

Your little guy is really cute, and being czech makes him all the more special
    19. Newfld Newfld, 11 months ago
      Thank you Jennifer for the Halloween luv, hope you had a good one

Thanks themuse for your nice comment, good to hear from another compassionate spider person. For myself, I'll take the jewelry one & leave the live ones outdoors lol! Very glad you enjoyed my rhinestone arachnid too, thanks so much for the kind words
    20. valentino97 valentino97, 11 months ago
      I LOVE this spider!!
    21. Newfld Newfld, 11 months ago
      Lol Mary I thought you would appreciate this, it is so totally real looking I almost screamed when I opened the box - it even has feathery legs! Thanks for the super comment & luv
    22. Roycroftbooksfromme1 Roycroftbooksfromme1, 11 months ago
      Hey jenni ... you sure its not a tick ...hmmm lol, cute cute cute....'=))
    23. Newfld Newfld, 11 months ago
      Very possibly Roycroft, it is surely a buggy bug! Thanks for the super compliment & bug alternative

Thanks a bunch for loving this
      lentilka