Antique birds miniatures in feathers on mother of pearl, gold mounted buttons.

In Fine Jewelry > Victorian and Edwardian Jewelry > Show & Tell.
Victorian and Edwardian Jewelry46 of 712Early victorian paste broochvictorian/edwardian  era mourning bracelet

NewfldNewfld loves this.
valentino97valentino97 loves this.
boysfarmboysfarm loves this.
ZillaZilla loves this.
melaniejmelaniej loves this.

Posted 8 months ago

kyratango

For Katerino, who posted unmounted oval miniatures birds made from feathers.

These are 2cm diameter for the largest, 1.8cm for the egret.

Unmarked gold.

I situe them between 1890/1910

I have more egrets elsewhere...

Comments

1. kyratango kyratango, 8 months ago
    Katerino's birds:

2. kyratango kyratango, 8 months ago
    Awww... Thank you Thomas!
  3. katherinescollections katherinescollections, 8 months ago
    Interesting how these things come in and out of style. Yours is Victorian, I have a MCM picture of a bird made of feathers, apparently very popular for a time. Thanks for sharing, I always love looking at your things! :)
  4. racer4four racer4four, 8 months ago
    Everything you show us is exquisite Pascale. These are just wonderful.
  5. TassieDevil TassieDevil, 8 months ago
    Wow Pascale......how beautiful.....love them!!!
    The twins picture is great......how are they going?
  6. PhilDMorris PhilDMorris, 8 months ago
    Love these gems, sweet one !
  7. bijoucaillouvintage bijoucaillouvintage, 8 months ago
    Fab! I've never seen such buttons. Truly wonderful!
  8. paris1925 paris1925, 8 months ago
    Wow love them????
  9. Agram.m Agram.m, 8 months ago
    Love them, so gracious!
  10. kyratango kyratango, 8 months ago
    Lisa, me too! Doggies are still growing... 9 months now! Thank you for your interest,comment and love :-)

Katherine, yep, I remember dreaming in front of framed bird figures like that in my childhood... thank you so much, my friend for loving my things!

Karen, thank you for your highly appreciated compliment!!! I love lurking at your wonderful glass collection!

Judy, thank you, how is Peejay now? The twins are still rascals, chewing, digging and growing... but really loving creatures, only too energetic ;-)

Phil, thanks! You're a gem, love back to you.
    :-D

Bijou, thanks! By Google search images "victorian real feathers bird" you can see a bunch mounted in lockets or fobs :-)

David, Marga, MERCI BEAUCOUP! ;-))
  11. TassieDevil TassieDevil, 8 months ago
    PeeJay is fantastic thanks Pascale....eats, sleeps and plays.....will walk for approx 20-30 minutes and then it is nap time again. Play time is a wild affair ......jumping in the air and running through the house with her favourite toy then playing tug-0f-war with it and me......she is just so funny!!
  12. courtenayantiques courtenayantiques, 8 months ago
    these are fantastic! Thank-you for sharing them
  13. kyratango kyratango, 8 months ago
    Judy, glad Peejay and you are happy together, nothing best than a good play with our 4 legged friends :-))
    I read you were moving to another house, wishing you courage for the packing... and plenty of happiness with this exciting moment!

Courtenay, thanks to you for the appreciation, and kind comment :-D
  14. Manikin Manikin, 8 months ago
    Oh these are beautiful ! You find the most amazing pieces . Love Love !
  15. kyratango kyratango, 8 months ago
    Ha Mani, I still find them incredible, so tiny and detailed, love, love back to you with s big thank you, XOXO
  16. Celiene Celiene, 8 months ago
    Love them.
  17. kyratango kyratango, 8 months ago
    Lisa... love love them ;-))

Celiene, thank you!
  18. TassieDevil TassieDevil, 8 months ago
    Thanks Pascale for your kind wishes for our move........apart from the packing, we are really excited and looking forward to starting a new chapter in our lives and PeeJay and I are both going to enjoy the big fully enclosed back yard which is flat and grass!! And there aren't any huge steep steps either.......so, on with the packing for another day.........
  19. vintagelamp vintagelamp, 8 months ago
    These are absolutely wonderful!!!
  20. kyratango kyratango, 8 months ago
    Judy, I can feel your excitement! And a new garden too! Great!!!

Thanks Vintagelamp! :-D

Thank you Ttomtucker for liking the birdies!
  21. Signaholic Signaholic, 7 months ago
    Could these have been made for cufflinks! My wife collects a lot of this kind stuff with horse and hunting dogs on them.
  22. inky inky, 7 months ago
    These are wonderful, I just love them!...:-)
  23. Peasejean55 Peasejean55, 7 months ago
    I have to agree with the above comments they are beautiful.
  24. kyratango kyratango, 7 months ago
    Signaholic, they are a little bit largest than usual cufflinks... I would love to see your wife's collection! I suppose it is reverse painted intaglios/Essex crystals :-)
    Thank you for your interest, love and comment !

Inky, Jean, thank you and love back to you :-))

Sean, thank you very much for your visit and love !
  25. Elisabethan Elisabethan, 7 months ago
    Wow I have never seen anything like this before. They look great.
  26. kyratango kyratango, 7 months ago
    Ooh, thank you Elisabethan for the wow comment!

Huge collective thanks to all 35 friends who loved the birdies :-D
  27. lentilka11, 7 months ago
    Love them! You always have the best pieces!