Art nouveau domed plique à jour wings hair ornament. Part 1.

In Fine Jewelry > Art Nouveau Jewelry > Show & Tell and Fine Jewelry > Enamel Jewelry > Show & Tell.
Art Nouveau Jewelry30 of 255Enameled Flower Silver Necklace - Fahrner/Hermann Haussler?Meyle & Mayer and Two Enamel Pendants

QuantumphysicaQuantumphysica loves this.
nutsabotas6nutsabotas6 loves this.
CaperkidCaperkid loves this.
EfesgirlEfesgirl loves this.
Hel1Hel1 loves this.

Posted 8 months ago

kyratango

Described as a hatpin... silver and stones... amber stem...

Very dark pics....... very affordable!!!

Not in my hands yet, but I couldn't resist to share it now :-)

The pics are from the listing, but I used photo editor to increase the light and color.

A big thing!!!

Width: 9cm
Length: 16cm

The plique a jour enamel is not flat, but bi convex, as poured glass.

The two faces are as beautiful, only the engraving on tube base is different, see pics!

This kind of enamel seems to be distinctive of Comte Enguerrand du Suau de la Croix work.

Musée d'Orsay has a big collection of documents on his work, sketches of wings ornaments and beautiful enamel pieces.
(Links in firts comment below)

I don't know if this is by him... so, posting in unsolved mystery :-)

I will post part 2 once received and kyratised.

Mystery Solved

Comments

1. kyratango kyratango, 8 months ago
    Musée d'Orsay: Notice d'Oeuvre

Musée d'Orsay: Liste de résultats dans le catalogue des collections
  2. kyratango kyratango, 8 months ago
    Thanks Lisa for understanding my impatience! :-))

I think the wings are upside down, will check if I can remove ant replace the wings in right position...
  3. Efesgirl Efesgirl, 8 months ago
    What a piece of jewelry! Agree that the wings are upside down. I can hardly wait for you to get it!!!
  4. nutsabotas6 nutsabotas6, 8 months ago
    So Beautiful !! Love the color ! :)
  5. Enameled_Beetle Enameled_Beetle, 8 months ago
    Absolutely gorgeous! Great find! :)
  6. Alan2310 Alan2310, 8 months ago
    Oh Kyra, I completely understand your impatient to share with the Club, it's really appreciated from all, i think.
    IMO, the wing are in the good position, it's just a thought, because wings face up, more risk to damaged it, that's what i think, i could be wrong, ;-(
    Very nice piece that's for sure, thanks for sharing.

Regards
    Alan
  7. shareurpassion shareurpassion, 8 months ago
    This is gorgeous! I know you can't wait to get it. How exciting!!! I can't wait to see your photos of it. Nice find.
  8. racer4four racer4four, 8 months ago
    I'm so excited for you!!
  9. Roycroftbooksfromme1 Roycroftbooksfromme1, 8 months ago
    This will look just lovely with you fabulous collection for sure ..nice score ..

Enjoy the day........ '-)
  10. Manikin Manikin, 8 months ago
    Oh it is gorgeous ! Do we get to see a photo of you with it in your hair ? xo
  11. kyratango kyratango, 8 months ago
    Bonnie, yes... I hope I'm not expecting too much of it being high end piece... :-)

Ken, Enameled_Beetle, thank you for your great comments and love!

Alan thank you for your interest and opinion! :-)
    Looking closely at the tube, it seems the two "prongs" now at top end are intended to hold and secure the wings to the thickest part of the stem.

Sue, Karen, yep, I'm very impatient to hold it and do the kyratisation...;-)) pics end of week, crossed fingers!

Gary! Always a pleasure to get your visit and kind comments, thank you! For now, enjoying the first nice spring day, daffodils opening and birds yelling around!!! :-D

Mani! Thanks for your gorgeous comment, but for a pic of me wearing it... no way! I have a boyish haircut! I even can't imagine a way of wearing it ;-)))
    XOXO
  12. SEAN68 SEAN68, 8 months ago
    beautiful find !!!!
  13. courtenayantiques courtenayantiques, 8 months ago
    Fabulous piece!!
  14. antiquerose antiquerose, 8 months ago
    ~ W ~ O ~ W ~ ..... Stunning !!
  15. kyratango kyratango, 8 months ago
    Sean, thank you!!!

Courtenayantiques, thank you for your fabulous comment :-))

Rose! Thanks for the WOW! I hope the kyratisation will get one too ;-)

A huge, grateful, collective thanks to all of you, 31 wings lovers!
  16. kyratango kyratango, 8 months ago
    Marga, Bluboi, than you so much for your lovely visit :-D
  17. kyratango kyratango, 8 months ago
    Wings arrived today! Seller shipped 10 days after the auction... said she was absent one week... grrrr!
    Kyratisation on progress, multi layers needed to get the domed effect :-)
    Soon on the board!
  18. katherinescollections katherinescollections, 8 months ago
    Worth the wait, surely. Can't wait to see the final result! :)
  19. kyratango kyratango, 8 months ago
    Kyratisation done!
    Art nouveau domed plique à jour wings hair ornament. Part 2. Kyratised! | Collectors Weekly
  20. kyratango kyratango, 8 months ago
    Mystery solved!

It is signed Cte du Suau de la Croix!!!

A true rarity to find and specially at the price I paid :-)))))
  21. Manikin Manikin, 8 months ago
    Wow that is great news ! and it is truly special . Good eye ! xo
  22. kyratango kyratango, 8 months ago
    Ooh, Mani! Yep, great news!
    Comte du Suau de la Croix Années 1890 Important et rare pend

Now, have to find an appraiser...
  23. paris1925 paris1925, 8 months ago
    ho my god-) when an angel finally find her wings-) -)))
    toujours la bonne etoile pascale-) will look for the original drawing of your treasure-) i'm now feeling like you.... waiting my meisenthal vase!!!!!!
  24. kyratango kyratango, 8 months ago
    Oooh, David, what a sweet comment!!!
    I had a look through the Musée d'Orsay Du Suau sketches, found several wings... Maybe Derrick will find the study for these ;-)
    Finger crossed for your exciting Meisenthal vase... Waiting for your post!

Thank you my friend!