Muhlhaus Enamelled Bowl c1910

In Art Glass > Bohemian Art Glass > Show & Tell.
Bohemian Art Glass115 of 5903Fritz Heckert 'Changeant' Form No. TH555/1 (1902)Welz Lidded Jar

MALKEYMALKEY loves this.
Michelleb007Michelleb007 loves this.
WatchsearcherWatchsearcher loves this.
MrstyndallMrstyndall loves this.
BroochmanBroochman loves this.

Posted 3 months ago

inky

Julius Muhlhaus or Hermann Pautsch for Muhlhaus??... I am leaning towards the latter but could easily be a Muhlhaus..
    ... it’s 13cm tall by 17cm in diameter..it looks bigger than the measurements are..the base it is etched TCHECHO SLOVAQUIE the French spelling of Czechoslovakia, so exported for the French market...I love this, it’s very beautiful..????

Comments

1. Broochman Broochman, 3 months ago
      WOW! It's absolutely gorgeous! :)
    2. Mrstyndall Mrstyndall, 3 months ago
      Stunning!
    3. Michelleb007 Michelleb007, 3 months ago
      Oh inky, this is just so stunning. The work that went into its decoration is just amazing. It will look gorgeous in your collection! Let me know if you ever find out who did the enameling, too!
    4. shareurpassion shareurpassion, 3 months ago
      it's definitely gorgeous as all your other pieces are!!! I have seen things signed like this and did not know that it was a French version. I did have a little gut feeling about the spelling but was never positive! Thanks for that info!
    5. shareurpassion shareurpassion, 3 months ago
      I just can't get over how perfect this is... pristine, amazing especially for it's age!
    6. larksel larksel, 3 months ago
      Beautiful piece. But be careful replicas of glass Hermann Pautsch - Mühlhaus were made in Novy Bor and after World War II. Currently, they are still manufactured by Egermann s.r.o. With regard to marking this vase is certainly not Egermann s.r.o. production, but probably production before World War II. see:
    7. inky inky, 3 months ago
      Broochman..many thanks, pleased you think so too!..:-)
    8. inky inky, 3 months ago
      Thank you Mrstyndall..:-))
    9. inky inky, 3 months ago
      Michelleb007..thank you so much I’m so pleased you like, and I certainly will..:-)
    10. inky inky, 3 months ago
      Hello shareurpassion..thank you for your kind words, and I’m pleased you found some help in the listing..I was the same and it so blurred and I!..wasn’t sure but thanks to Warren’s help it became obvious..:-)
    11. inky inky, 3 months ago
      larksel..thank you so much for your input..apart from the mark, the wear on the base would be indicative to an early one not a replica..is there anything about the decoration which would maybe point you to Julius Muhlhaus or Hermann Pautsch that may have decorated this bowl?
    12. Bitsnbobs123.a Bitsnbobs123.a, 3 months ago
      Absolutely beautiful.
    13. larksel larksel, 3 months ago
      I think Hermann Pautsch decorated the glass to order from Julius Muhlhaus. Company Julius Muhlhaus was both refineries glass, but especially important exporter of glass.
    14. inky inky, 3 months ago
      Thank you Bitsnbobs123.a much appreciate you stopping and commenting...:-)
    15. inky inky, 3 months ago
      larksel...many thanks, I felt it was a Harman Pautsch decorated bowl, for! Muhlhaus...it is such a subtle difference, but it is there!....I am pleased..thank you so much for taking the time to give me this information, I appreciate it very much.
    16. philmac51 philmac51, 3 months ago
      Nice one Penny! - we don't see many Muhlhaus on CW.
    17. inky inky, 3 months ago
      Hello Phil.. thank you!..hard to to be sure the modern from the older ones sometimes on the www, well! for me anyway, so I’m not surprised..luckily this one was marked so I suspected it was worth the punt..
    18. inky inky, 3 months ago
      Many thank everyone for the loves, appreciated!..:-)
    19. jscott0363 jscott0363, 3 months ago
      Wow Penny!! That's quite a beautiful piece!!
    20. inky inky, 3 months ago
      Thank you Scott, pleased you think so..:-)
    21. sklo42 sklo42, 3 months ago
      Exquisite...... I think you'll be enjoying this one for a long time!
    22. inky inky, 2 months ago
      Peggy!..I think it might be!..:-)