1966-1967 Sherman Siam Red, Japanned Triple Maple Leaf Pin, Canada Centennial

In Costume Jewelry > Show & Tell and Costume Jewelry > Sherman Costume Jewelry > Show & Tell.
Costume Jewelry431 of 8404Glass broochLovely grape brooch

AdeleCAdeleC loves this.
NewfldNewfld loves this.
BroochmanBroochman loves this.

Posted 4 months ago

PhilDMorris

1966-1967 Sherman Siam Red, Japanned Triple Maple Leaf Pin, Canada Centennial

This design for a Sherman pin has never been linked before to the Centennial of Canada which has now been shown in my photos. See my photo of the Coat of Arms of Canada which I also own in photo # 3, which is what I believe Sherman based his design from !!~

1967 was the year of the 1967 World Exposition in Montreal, Canada. Imagine traversing on the moving sidewalks to your evening show which included Marlene Dietrich doing her one woman show, and Gustave Sherman would have been there !~
    Also The Supremes broadcast live from Expo 67 on The Ed Sullivan Show on Sunday, May 7, 1967

The esteemed author of the fantastic book on Sherman Jewellery, Sandra Caldwell, said I was very observant to catch the coat of arms connection to the pin, and also she had never seen the pin before !!~

logo
    Costume Jewelry
    Antique Chief head penny Necklace Vtg Chief coin pendant Men's jewelry old
    Antique Chief head penny Necklace V...
    $14
    ESTATE VINTAGE MODERN JEWELRY LOT NECKLACES EARRINGS RINGS READY TO WEAR 5 pc
    ESTATE VINTAGE MODERN JEWELRY LOT N...
    $15
    High End Sea TURTLE Aurora Borealis Green Rhinestone Vintage Inspired Brooch
    High End Sea TURTLE Aurora Borealis...
    $12
    Vintage Bumble Bee Crystal Brooch Pin Costume Badge Womens Mens Jewellery Party
    Vintage Bumble Bee Crystal Brooch P...
    $3
    logo
    Antique Chief head penny Necklace Vtg Chief coin pendant Men's jewelry old
    Antique Chief head penny Necklace V...
    $14

Comments

1. Broochman Broochman, 4 months ago
      Such a Stunning and Eye catching brooch ! ! Wow ! It's so Beautiful ! :)
    2. PhilDMorris PhilDMorris, 4 months ago
      Thanks Broochman, the patriot pins are rare, but finding one is a prize.
    3. valentino97 valentino97, 4 months ago
      Very beautiful! Yes, looks like the triple maples from your Coat of Arms! Love it. To see Marlene Dietrich!! Also love the last brooch, history please?
    4. Newfld Newfld, 4 months ago
      Gorgeous and extraordinary Sherman design, I adore the siam red stones and I can see the striking design in the crest, really fabulous Phil. Like Mary I'm curious about the blue & white star piece in pic #4 that is also a beauty
    5. PhilDMorris PhilDMorris, 4 months ago
      Thank you valentino97, the last brooch was also his main design for the 67 Expo. I have posted this one before but it was one of my most Iconic Sherman designs ! There are 2 sizes of this pin and this was the largest, the ones shown in the book do not show very well the 2 sizes together and the largest of the small is about 2 inches, so a small one.The Canada Pin I got in late 2016, The Canada Pin was designed by Gustave Sherman in 1967 close to our new Maple Leaf flag. Celebrations, activities and events of all kinds were held across Canada in 1967 to mark the 100th anniversary of Confederation, and promote the country’s achievements, history and cultural heritage. The federal Centennial Commission funded thousands of special events and activities, such as the Centennial Train and Caravans, the Centennial Medal, and numerous music and sporting events across the nation. A focus of Centennial Year was the immensely successful Expo 67 World’s Fair in Montréal, which was visited by 50 million people. In addition, provinces, municipalities, businesses and individuals undertook thousands of events that contributed to a national mood of excitement and optimism. I remember this quite vividly as we studied it as it happened in Social Studies class. Unfortunately we were too far from the crux of the most exciting activities !!
      This Canada Pin has black stones with a bit of ab shine to the black stones, it gives the black stones a very light silver sheen which captures the still light. However when looking at it the black takes over as it should and there is no other colours reflected ! This particular pin is very highly collectible and rare!~
    6. PhilDMorris PhilDMorris, 4 months ago
      Also thank you Jenni, I listed most of what I know of the black and clear pin shown in # 4 photo. The pin gives a bluish sheen at times due to a very light coating of ab sheen to the black stones. The book shows a variety of the 2 sizes but at the time it appears they did not have this one, tho they show some black and clear, they do not show one in this exact design so I imagine they did not have one.
    7. kyratango kyratango, 4 months ago
      Beautiful! And part of history!
    8. PhilDMorris PhilDMorris, 4 months ago
      Kyra, you are a gem !~
    9. Ms.CrystalShip Ms.CrystalShip, 4 months ago
      Phil, only you could thrill us with another extraordinary piece from Sherman. This amazing brooch is identical to the maple triple on your Country’s Coat of Arms! I’m just stunned! Thank you so much for sharing something most, or most likely any, of us would never see. Your collection is superior to none! And so happy to have you back, my friend!
    10. Ms.CrystalShip Ms.CrystalShip, 4 months ago
      Ha! I was so excited, my wording came out wrong! ( and I hadn’t had my coffee). When is CW going to let us edit our comments? What I meant to say: YOUR COLLECTION IS SUPERIOR, SECOND TO NONE!
    11. truthordare truthordare, 4 months ago
      I was there that summer many times, my dad bought us a passport to get in at will. I loved it. Too young to appreciate much of what I would understand now. My young artistic brother was entranced with the USA dome architecture, and did studies later on in drawn black and white art works. Thanks Phil, this brings back lots of memories, and the jewelry is gorgeous.
    12. Mrstyndall Mrstyndall, 4 months ago
      What great pieces for your Sherman collection!!
    13. PhilDMorris PhilDMorris, 4 months ago
      Thank you Eileen for your very kind words. Hopefully I will be back for a while. Quite a while ago they stopped the use of putting our posts into our collections but today is the first time I could post a Sherman into my collections, maybe others can now do the same, hallelujah !!!~
    14. Daisy1000 Daisy1000, 4 months ago
      Beautiful brooch, Phil. Condition is amazing.
    15. PhilDMorris PhilDMorris, 4 months ago
      Thank you truthordare, appreciated !~
    16. Manikin Manikin, 4 months ago
      What a amazing piece of Sherman Phil with so much history ! Always the finest and rarest Sherman you delight us with . So nice to see you posting again . Much Love
    17. valentino97 valentino97, 4 months ago
      Phil - thank you for this great research! Both of these brooches are SO gorgeous. Thanks also, I was able to make 2 new collections today. It's still a little clunky procedure though. My original collection for copper is gone and it now shows all my posts. Naturally I'm afraid to delete that "collection" because it might delete everything....but, so glad to be able to add and create collections again. Thank you CW.
    18. PhilDMorris PhilDMorris, 4 months ago
      Thank you Mani for the love on this piece. The esteemed author of the fantastic book on Sherman Jewellery, Sandra Caldwell, said I was very observant to catch the coat of arms connection to the pin, and also she had never seen the pin before !~xoxo
    19. inky inky, 4 months ago
      Hi Phil, what great history and as always beautiful jewels, so lovely to see you back, although I must confess I’m not! as often as I used to be..:-/
    20. PhilDMorris PhilDMorris, 4 months ago
      Thank you inky for your beautiful visit, much love to you !~
    21. antiquerose antiquerose, 4 months ago
      Love your Sherman post, and love your coat of arms - as you know!! How your well Phil, and all is okay with you !1
    22. glassiegirl glassiegirl, 4 months ago
      Such a keen imagination and beautiful eye you have, Phil! Truly a lovely piece of history.
    23. PhilDMorris PhilDMorris, 3 months ago
      Thank you antiquerose for the nice comment !~
    24. PhilDMorris PhilDMorris, 3 months ago
      Thank you glassiegirl, a Merry Christmas to you !~
    25. Nicefice Nicefice, 3 months ago
      A very nice piece indeed!!
    26. PhilDMorris PhilDMorris, 3 months ago